Esteemed Woman Foundation History
The organization was founded in 2000 by filmmaker Suzie Galler who began conducting research about women and self-esteem which led to the making of the highly acclaimed documentary film I Am Beautiful. The film then became the cornerstone of an outreach program designed to help women explore and strengthen their self-image. In order to continue this work we established our non-profit status. From there the program expanded to include ongoing workshops, resource materials and an outreach network that provides support nationwide. The foundation's primary focus has been to develop comprehensive programs for women of all ages and backgrounds. The programs teach that self-esteem is not a destination, but a life long journey--one that requires recognition of the sources of self-esteem, and a willingness to address those areas that impede a positive self-image.
Our Vision, Mission, and Goals
Our vision is to:
- to elevate self-esteem to a bonafide cause
- be the central clearing house for all women across America related to self-esteem issues
- create tools and programs to help women bring these issues related to self-esteem to the forefront
- work with teen girls to help them begin to build a stronger sense of self, leadership and interpersonal skills
- form strategic alliances/partnerships with other organizations that provide to support to women and young girls
Our mission is to:
This is done through the development and implementation of educational programs, published materials, our website, and media events that raise awareness of these important issues.
To empower women of all ages and backgrounds to build and maintain a healthy sense of self-worth
The Esteemed Woman Foundation offers highly specialized presentations and workshops designed with the aid of licensed psychologists and experts in the field of behavioral psychology. Workshops are customized to speak to a wide range of issues. Particular consideration is given to addressing issues of self-esteem, self-image, leadership and personal empowerment.
The Esteemed Store | Contact Us | Make A Donation